Shelley Kassian has five years of experience formatting the interior files of e-books and print books for her own novels as well as her clients. She generates e-book and print ready files for every platform, including Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, and more.
Authors can upload a manuscript file to many publishing services, such as Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), but to have more control over the final look of the interior book file, and frankly less frustration, authors will be happier using the most popular file format for digital books—the industry standard EPUB format, which is the abbreviation for electronic publication.
The EPUB file not only contains the novel, but also the book cover, important meta data, store book links, and social media links. The EPUB file is supported by many e-readers and compatible software for smartphones, tablets, and computers to give readers the best reading experience.
Book Formatting Rates
- $75.00 (up to 40K – novella length)
- $95.00 (up to 100K – novel length)
- $115.00 (up to 200K – epic length)
Print Book Formatting
- E-book cost plus $25.00 to create basic half title and full title.
- E-book cost plus $50.00 to create custom half title and full title that matches the book cover.
Authors may choose to enhance their interior book files with custom design elements, such as decorative Chapter Headings, Scene Breaks or background images. This could result in additional charges.
Collaborating in a Boxset can help authors find new readers. In the example below, A Cowboy This Christmas (published November 2023) was released in e-book and paperback editions. It has a custom interior file with a half and full title page that match the cover’s typeface and contributes to the overall cowboy theme. The interior file also includes matching Chapter Headings and Scene Breaks.
In the boxset example below, Hugs, Kisses and Mistletoe Wishes (published November 2022) has a basic interior file and due to its epic size was released in e-book only. The software generated the full title page complete with all authors names, however, Chapter Headings and Scene Break dividers were added to contribute to the Christmas theme.
Formatting Non Fiction
I’ve just begun formatting non fiction novels. I’m currently charging fiction rates, but this could change with the additional degree of difficulty, such as adding images, diagrams, or catch phrases. If your non fiction work requires complicated formatting, please request a quote for this service.
In the example below, A Journey Unfolding, a memoir, includes custom design elements in the half and full title page, as well as custom Chapter Headings and Scene Breaks. It was a real joy formatting Cheryl’s debut novel.
I work closely with authors to help them produce original, affordable, high-quality interior book files that may assist them in selling more books online and in store.
- A manuscript in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- An e-book cover. To ensure the best quality for your image, especially on high definition devices, the height of the image should be at least 2,500 pixels.
- Please ensure your creative work is error-free, however, if my software reveals a few spelling mistakes, with the author’s permission, I will correct them. Given that I’m an author and an editor as well, I understand the importance of an error-free book.
- Don’t forget to include your ISBN on your copyright page.
When the formatting meets the author’s expectations, I provide EPUB and MOBI e-book files required by publishing platforms (Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play, Nook & Generic) and a PDF for the print book.
Get in touch
Don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for those interested in formatting services, or send a message using the form.