Shelley Kassian has five years of experience formatting the interior files of e-books and print books for her own novels as well as her clients. She generates e-book and print ready files for every platform, including Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, and more.
Authors can upload a manuscript file to many publishing services, such as Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), but to have more control over the final look of the interior book file, and frankly less frustration, authors will be happier using the most popular file format for digital books—the industry standard EPUB format, which is the abbreviation for electronic publication.
The EPUB file not only contains the novel, but also the book cover, important meta data, store book links, and social media links. The EPUB file is supported by many e-readers and compatible software for smartphones, tablets, and computers to give readers the best reading experience.
Books by Author Shelley Kassian
My clients may choose from one of eight templates for their interior book file. Whether the Chapter Heading has a custom design, such as The Scarlet Mark below, or simply says: Chapter One, what matters most to each author is to keep the reader reading. Though a little something extra might be the hook you need.
Shelley Kassian designed the following pages:
Book Formatting Rates
- $75.00 (up to 40K – novella length)
- $95.00 (up to 100K – novel length)
- $115.00 (up to 200K – epic length)
Print Book Formatting
- E-book cost plus $25.00 to create basic half title and full title.
- E-book cost plus $50.00 to create custom half title and full title that matches the book cover.
Authors may choose to enhance their interior book files with custom design elements, such as decorative Chapter Headings, Scene Breaks or background images. This could result in additional charges.
Authors collaborating in a Boxset is a great way to find new readers. The Boxset for Hugs, Kisses and Mistletoe Wishes, with eight authors and over 300,000 words, was designed with a basic interior file to reduce size and the KDP delivery expense. Although, I did enjoy adding a custom Chapter Heading and Scene Break, which took me hours to find on Deposit Photos.
In order to format an interior file for a boxset, each book in the set must be formatted. Please request a quote for this service.
I’ve just begun my journey into formatting non fiction novels. I’m currently charging fiction rates, but this could change with the additional degree of difficulty, such as images, diagrams, or catch phrases. If your non fiction work requires complicated formatting, please request a quote for this service.
I work closely with authors to help them produce original, affordable, high-quality interior book files that may assist them in selling more books online and in store.
- A manuscript in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- An e-book cover. To ensure the best quality for your image, especially on high definition devices, the height of the image should be at least 2,500 pixels.
- Please ensure your creative work is error-free, however, if my software reveals a few spelling mistakes, with the author’s permission, I will correct them. Given that I’m an author and an editor as well, I understand the importance of an error-free book.
- Don’t forget to include your ISBN on your copyright page.
When the formatting meets the author’s expectations, I provide EPUB and MOBI e-book files required by publishing platforms (Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play, Nook & Generic) and a PDF for the print book.
Get in touch
Don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for those interested in my formatting work, or send a message using the form.